A couple of events our south west readers may like to know about.
North Hill stages its annual Woodland Craft and Beanpole Fayre in a few days time, on Saturday May 17th. details on the poster below. Simon has been befiore and it promises a good day out.
Also a group of local landowners and small contractors are testing the water for interest in setting up a Cornish Coppice Group, whichwould be affiliated to the National Coppice Federation. Potential benefits include:
- Cheaper public liability and employers insurance
- Networking, better communications, isolation limitation, problem solving
- Set standards for all aspects of woodsmanship,
- A directory of skills/equipment for hire/exchange
- Inclusion to the yearly National Coppice Conference (which is in Dorset this year)
- A group website offering: courses list, directory of members useful contacts such as mobile mills etc., and free ads
- Support for workers accessing woods to work, or members wanting to share woods/labour
- Apprentice/trainee sharing.
The initial co-ordination and seeking out interest is being undertaken by Tom Kemp, please e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information.